Tommy Hilfiger is a global apparel & retail company, and also one of the world’s leading lifestyle brands bringing the classic American cool style to the world. Known for delivering premium quality, styling and value to consumers across the globe, it has a huge collection of products to offer, including sportswear, denim, footwear, accessories, fragrances, eyewear, watches, home furnishing, and much more. The company has presence in over 100 countries with more than 2,000 retail stores globally, including the ones in the Asia Pacific region. Its store in the UAE is featuring preppy with quirky designs and giving people the luxury of shopping at a truly iconic brand.
Surprisingly, on the other hand, a brand like Tommy Hilfiger deserves to have a flawless website in terms of technicality and performance; but sadly this was not the case with its UAE multi-lingual website. The website had on-page SEO issues that needed to be sorted immediately. These issues were preventing search engines from indexing the website.
- The Tommy Hilfiger website had SEO on-page issues.
- The website’s performance was affected due to non-optimization of css & JS files.
- There were issues with site crawl-ability as search engines were not able to crawl the entire website.
- There were missing canonicals, and structure data was also not implemented correctly.
- Despite having a multi-county and multi-language setting, the website did not have ‘Hreflang” tagging properly implemented.
- The first & foremost task was to technically audit the website to identify the SEO on-page issues.
- As per the audit findings we had to optimize the CSS and JS scripts of the website.
- Since the website had thousands of pages, we also had to create a dynamic sitemap to include all existing and future pages that would be added on the website.
- Our team created structure data code with the help of schema.org and then successfully implemented it on website.
- We also created canonical tags & implemented them dynamically.
- Herflang tagging was properly implemented as the domain had many country specific variations.
- The website performance improved drastically due to all optimizations done from our end.
- Google page insights performance has been improved from a score of 9 to 90.
- Search engine is now crawling the entire website without any issues as we have fixed the canonical tags and the site crawlability issues.
- Google search console & Google schema tester tool is not showing any further errors.
- Sitemap has been implemented dynamically and all the pages have been indexed on search engine now.