One of the world's largest and most popular pharmaceutical companies
Pfizer, the name needs no introduction. It is a globally renowned American biopharmaceutical multinational giant. With the help of their invaluable resources and scientific gen, they strive to deliver pioneering therapies that extend and significantly enrich lives. On the 2020 Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. corporations based on total revenue, Pfizer achieved the 64th rank with a whopping turnover of $47.644 billion as of December 31, 2020. Headquartered in Manhattan, Pfizer produces medicines and vaccines for a variety of medical conditions in the field of immunology, oncology, endocrinology, cardiology and neurology.
As one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, Pfizer needed a web-based tool or Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) meant to be used by physicians that would determine and calculate the accurate dosage of one of their therapeutic drugs based on the needs of a patient. Previously this used to be done manually and the process was, naturally, very slow. They needed a SaMD that would serve as a Decision Making Aid to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and would yield faster results.
Now Mind Digital Group is one of the very few listed SaMD vendors globally working with Pfizer. Pfizer sent a 4 member team to India and after thoroughly auditing and investigating our infrastructure and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) they believed in our team’s potential to give them a tailor-made solution that would address their requirements in the desired way.
- Pfizer lacked an advanced and reliable decision making customized web app to help with a particular therapeutic drug usage.
- We needed to present an impressive and a tailor-made Software as a Medical Device that would assist healthcare professionals in understanding and evaluating the therapeutic drug dosage for patients suffering from a particular condition.
As their digital partner, the Mind Digital team knew that we would have to resolve not just the technical requirements that the software demands. But we also need to fill its creative rifts to present a bespoke Software as a Medical Device that could provide a unique solution to their complex issue of medical dosage determination.
- We strategized a SaMD to cater to the end result from scratch and gave it shape.
- We brainstormed a decision-making aid that would present results based on the current research on Inflectra® optimisation using the database of 955 patients from the PANTS study.
- Addressing their unique constraint, we built an innovative mechanism that would guide healthcare professionals (HCPs) in interpreting the specific dosage value of that particular therapeutic drug.
- Now Pfizer has a powerful, robust and feature-rich SaMD that is enticing, informative and irresistible for the visitors.
- Pfizer is empowered with an avant-garde web-based tool that offers simple, traffic light style guidance on a suggested treatment course post submission of anonymized patient information while maintaining complete patient discretion.
- The guidance suggested by Pfizer’s groundbreaking web-tool is acclaimed for a high-level of precision and is much faster.
- They now boast of a strong digital presence that is most coveted in today’s times.