8 Questions To Ask A Web Development Company Before Hiring Them
Creating a new website or re-vamping an existing website can be an expensive and time taking proposition if not done correctly. Before you hire or enter into an agreement with a web development company, make sure you know what you are getting into before signing on the dotted line. Some simple questions and research will go a long way to ensure that you are not making a mistake which can end up costing both time and money in the long run. Below is a list of 8 questions that you should ask before hiring a web development company to work with. This will give you an idea on the methodology, thought process and capability of the web development provider you are evaluating:
1. Is all your development and design work performed in-house? How many employees do you have? How long have you been in business?
Many web development companies outsource work and don’t have in-house development resources. Ensure that the company you are working with has the necessary design and development expertise in-house rather than outsourcing the work that you are providing. When you have middle-men involved, this will lead to more mistakes being made as well as it being more expensive in some cases. Try to speak to the web development professionals that will be working on your project to get a better understanding of their working style, expertise and opinions around your project. When you have all the resources you need under one roof, this will allow you to have group conversations with all the necessary people as well as a streamlined process for your work. Check to see how many employees they have as well as how long they have been in business which will give you a good sense of the capabilities/experience they possess or don’t possess.
2. Have you developed a similar website or project to mine? How long have you been working with this technology or CMS (Content Management System)?
Experience matters no matter what field of business you are in and the same goes when you are looking to work with a good web development company. The company you are evaluating should be able to show you other projects that they have worked on which use the same technology that you are looking for. They should be able to show you the front-end and back-end of similar web development projects so you can get an idea of how capable or incapable they are. Better yet, if they have developed a similar website in the same technology, this will give you an even better sense of what they are delivering to other clients. Experience matters and the same rule applies especially in web development.
3. Will you build a Responsive website (render correctly work across mobiles, tablets and desktops)?
It is estimated that more than 40% of websites today are being viewed across mobile devices. Even Google is now giving importance of mobile sites by displaying in the search results if the website is mobile-friendly as well as it is giving higher ranking preference to mobile-enabled websites. If the web development company you are looking to work with does not build responsive websites or hasn’t in the past, then this is a big red flag as they are not following web development best-practices. Ask them what their opinion is on this matter and if they will be able to help you which will give you a sense of the capabilities that they possess. In this day and age, it is really foolish to not have a responsive website especially if you are building a new website.
4. What type of warranty do you offer? Do you have a maintenance plan? Hosting options? How much does it cost?
Creating a new website is like buying a car. An automobile needs to have regular maintenance such as oil changes, filter replacement, brake replacement and so on. Just building a website is one thing but that website needs to be maintained and updated constantly. The CMS for example that you work with will need to get updated regularly to ensure that it is secure and has the latest functionality. Ask the web development company you are looking to work with what they offer in terms of AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) and how much it costs so everything is clearly laid out. Check to see if they provide any hosting options or recommendations as well which is a critical part of a website project which is sometimes overlooked.
5. Can the company provide references? Can you show me samples of work you have done?
Work that has been performed and past client projects that have been successfully delivered is the biggest vote of confidence that a potential client can get from a web development company. This is one of the most important things that needs to carefully looked at when you are looking for a capable web development professional.
6. How do they track and show you the progress on your web development project? How do they communicate with clients?
They are many way in which a web development company can track a project and how it is being executed. Ask to see what type of software or interactive tools your potential web development partner is using to track the success of a project. They are tons of tools that are available across the World Wide Web that are being used by different companies. Check to see if you are happy with what they are offering as a collaboration platform. Lastly, ask to see how they communicate with clients and how they keep you updated besides the project management software that they will be using. For example, if you feel comfortable with a communication channel, check to see if they will communicate with you via your preferred method.
7. Who has access to the source code? Do I own and will I have access to the source code that is being created for me?
This is often one of the most overlooked things when it comes to a web development project. It is very important to have this clarity on who owns and who has access to your source code. Will the web development company re-use this code or will they hand it over to you once your project is completed? Ensure, that you have these points in writing within your contract to eliminate any misunderstandings or grey areas between parties. You should own and have complete access to your source code at all times.
8. Is the project hourly based or a one-time fee? What happens if it turns out to be more hours than initially quoted?
Clarity on the costing of your project is absolutely essential for the success of your web development project. Make sure you have everything in writing and all parts of the project are clearly laid out with the web development company you choose to work with. If a project runs over, how will they communicate this to you and get your approval on these additional hours? Ensure that all deliverables and timelines are clearly laid out in your contract so that there is no confusion for either parties involved. The more clear your project is laid out in terms of costing and delivery, the better it is for everyone involved.
Selecting a web development company to work with can be a daunting task if you don’t have clearly laid out objectives and goals. If you partner with a trusted and experienced web development partner, it can be a rewarding experience for all people involved. Ensure that you perform the necessary due diligence, take your time and make the best decision for you. By asking these simple questions and getting everything clearly laid out for both parties, you can avoid many mistakes that people make when selecting a web development company to work with. If you are looking for an experienced, trusted and capable web development partner to work with, please feel free to reach out to the team at Mind Digital Group for any of your development needs.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013