How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
If you haven’t heard About Google Authorship, it’s about time you need to understand what is now. In today’s online world, it has become super easy for people to copy content from other people and re-publish it as their own! To try and eliminate that, Google has introduced a fantastic feature (which we love) called “Google Authorship.” Essentially it is Google’s way of attributing or giving credit to the original author on the World Wide Web. Besides reducing the “borrowing” (basically stealing) of peoples content, it will also allow people to find content from their favorite authors within the search results of Google.
Once you have Google Authorship set up, your photo will appear besides your information in the search results. If you are trying to improve your SEO, you can add an image to it instantly to make it more attractive and it will also increase your CTR. YouTube is a perfect example for this in that users click on the YouTube results they see in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) because the video image catches their eye.
How to add Google Authorship to your Content?
Follow these simple steps below to take advantage of authorship of your content:
1. First you to need to create a “Google Plus” Profile, and upload a nice high quality photo on it. Try not to make it look like a police mugshot!
2. Add a byline of each page of your content for your articles.
3. Verify your email address at https://plus.google.com/authorship
4. Link your content by filling out “Contributor to” section of your Google+ Profile. You need to add a link of your Website in this section.
5. Use the Rich Snippet Testing Tool to make sure you’re verified and see how your search results appear in the search engine at http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets.
It won’t appear instantly in the SERP. It would take approx 7 -10 days (depending on when crawlers visit your website) for the search engine results pages to start showing your photo and other information. As a result of many people not having setup their own Google Authorship, you will increase your click through rates in the search results.
Benefits of using Google Authorship:
Higher Visibility: It is one of the best ways to increase the identity and relevancy of your content on the Internet. It helps increase the organic search results that you are seeing and increases the click through rate of your content/website.
Relevancy: It gives the perfect relevancy of the content on the Internet. It also adds ratings of the post or content below the title of the results to show visitors the accurate ratings on the content of the website or blog.
Better Ranking:It allows for blogs and good content to get better rankings within the search results. Google is therefore giving credit to the websites that have Google Authorship markup because Google finds them to be more authentic and most important relevant for its users.
Google provides the complete process of how to setup Google Authorship on your website or blog. It’s a great method to gain SEO rankings and discourages people from copying your content. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to share as always.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking