Should I Go For WordPress Or Joomla Web Development
The growth of the World Wide Web has been immensely aided by the underlying commonality of standards — the TCP/IP protocol, the HTML that is used to design websites, the IPv4 and IPv6 addressing protocols and so on. The standardization of HTML that is maintained and overseen by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) also helps in a smooth adoption of emerging technologies and capabilities.
The complexity of websites have no doubt increased exponentially from the days when Tim Berners-Lee designed the first rudimentary web pages at CERN. Now websites are expected to play video, be responsive for smooth display on desktops and smartphones, and they are also expected to load in a lightning fast manner as user expectations have grown and their patience has decreased simultaneously. Before we get into WordPress development or Joomla development, let’s discuss some other things.
With fast broadband internet enabled by 4G LTE services, mobile internet browsing is the name of the game. There are more than three billion internet users in the world and companies like Google, Tesla Motors and Facebook are thinking up revolutionary new ways to take the Internet to the next three billion people using balloons and small satellites.
Website development has become more or less a simple affair with a few widely used platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and Drupal to meet different needs of business and website owners. With the minimal cost involved in booking a domain and getting a bare bones website up and running, the number of websites has grown past one billion. Since every device connected to the internet needs to have a unique IP address, the billions of computers and smartphones has ensured that IPv4 addresses have been exhausted entirely and we have moved to IPv6 addressing which has increased the availability of unique IP addresses keeping in mind the emerging Internet of Things where home appliances like refrigerators and smart lights and much else will also be connected to the internet.
WordPress Development & Joomla Website Development
The exponential growth in the number of websites has of course meant that it has become increasingly more difficult to stand out among thousands if not tens of thousands of competing websites in every niche. The capability of websites has grown. The websites have to simultaneously display YouTube videos, have social sharing buttons, and blogs and other Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features for good placement in the search engine result pages.
This is where professional WordPress development and Joomla development comes into play. If you are a newspaper, then you might want to install a metered pay wall like The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times of London, The Economist of London, the Washington Post, and others. Of course, newspaper articles will need to be categorized by country and topic as well as being searchable by topic or content and author name.
Similarly, Ecommerce websites need to allow for product display by category, product catalogs and browsing. They need to show availability of a particular product, how many copies of a product have been sold and how many are available and so on. You need to show which are the hot selling items and which products are being sold at a discount.
You need to integrate shopping carts and payment gateways to your Ecommerce website and enable people to sign up for your Ecommerce website as well as choose if they want to receive promotional emails. Choosing to go with WordPress development is a safe choice obviously since it is the most widely used CMS platform in the world today. However, even if you opt for Joomla development, you can’t go wrong since Joomla is also a very popular CMS choice if you are looking to update content frequently.
A dating or social networking website will have features such as account creation, profile set up, searching for people, making friend requests, chatting features, and so on. Consumers are being empowered these days in numerous ways — from Amazon reviews, to Yelp reviews as well as posting reviews on Google+ pages of restaurants and other businesses who choose to create their Google+ pages. Consumers can assign such businesses one to five stars based on their experience.
Businesses also need to be present on all the social media platforms that their customer like: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+ and so on. Social media enables interaction between businesses and their customers. Airlines can use their Twitter and Facebook accounts profitably for fast communication with their customers when delays are caused by snowfall or other weather events. So, no matter if you choose WordPress development or Joomla development, you can’t really go wrong either way.
Website Development & Digital Marketing
The best and most cost effective WordPress and Joomla development services are offered by offshore Indian web development companies like Mind Digital. But website development is not a standalone activity or a one-time activity. Choosing which CMS to go for is really a business choice. If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly and easy to manage CMS, then WordPress development is a great choice. On the other hand, if you have a website that has thousands of pages that needs to be managed efficiently, then Joomla development is the way to go. But choosing WordPress or Joomla for your development is not really the biggest thing you need to look at, it’s the digital marketing and promotion of that website which is the key to success.
As search engines such as Google introduce frequent changes to their search algorithms, websites have to stay on top of those changes and be aware of the implications of changes to search algorithms. Google’s Panda and Penguin updates can impact a website’s placement in the search results. When Google recommends that sites go for microdata markup such as Open Graph or Schema.org markup, those websites who use those markup have a definite advantage compared to other websites who don’t use those markup. No wonder top news websites like the NYT and the WSJ have embedded microdata markup on their websites.
All this is part of the broad activity of SEO. Making sure that websites are mobile-optimized is a form of SEO since Google takes that into account when determining the search rank of a website. Professional SEO experts will ensure that websites have all the on-page and off-page SEO elements in page.
SEO Also Means Social Media Marketing & Content Marketing
After you have developed a superlative WordPress or Joomla website, the next step is to go for a sustained campaign to increase your business’ and website’s visibility. A major part of that effort will be Social Media marketing. You need to determine where your potential customers are: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, to name just a few of the popular social media platforms.
Once you decide where you want to be present, you have to create complete business profiles on those social media platforms and use your business logo and other relevant images as per the needs of that particular platform. Then you have to start posting content regularly on those platforms. Each platform has users who have different browsing behavior. Facebook users may log in early in the morning and during weekends while Twitter users may like to log in occasionally all through the day and at lunch time. The company that you work with for your WordPress or Joomla development can help you with more than just developing your website.
You have to tweak your content posting pattern to mirror the behavior the users of that platform to gain maximum traction from each social media platform. You have to develop the right content calendar and posting frequency. You can go for both original content as well as curated content. Each type of content has its benefits. You may need to post videos to YouTube or even create Vine or Instagram videos for marketing purposes. All this is part of an integrated Social Media marketing strategy.
Similarly, content marketing has grown in importance in recent years as Google has shown preference for new and original content in search rankings. Websites have grown fond of posting content to their blogs. Every major tech company — Google, Twitter, Microsoft, HP, Tesla Motors, IBM — has one or more blogs where they talk about new products or features or enhancements. These blogs serve many different purposes. Above all, maintaining a blog on a website is more or less free and websites can attract a lot of new website visitors via these blogs.
Companies can talk about the features of their products or they can offer solutions to technical problems on their blogs. Content marketing and Social Media marketing can work in conjunction with each other and both are entirely free. The company that helps you with your Joomla development or WordPress development will be able to easily guide you on the intricacies of digital marketing.
All of the above show how complex website development and promotion has grown. It’s an activity for professionals to handle. WordPress and Joomla website development at a professional offshore website development company such as Mind Digital along with smart online promotion campaigns can pay rich dividends in terms of growing your business and attracting new consumers to your business. So, it’s not really a choice of which CMS WordPress or Joomla to choose, it’s about having the right mix of activities that can help that website get found online. If you are looking for any development help, please feel free to reach out to the team at Mind Digital Group.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013