Web Design Best Practices For Small Business Websites
Did you know that the number of people accessing the internet now stands roughly at a whopping 4 billion worldwide? Which means, 50 per cent population of the world is now using the internet!
Quite clearly, having a website is important in today’s times where every business seems going online. Given the ever-rising nature of prospects and opportunities on the internet, it’d be a mistake not having a dedicated website for your business regardless of the domain and area of operation.
No matter how much you spend on social media and other types of paid advertising, they won’t be able to make for the lack of a website. After all, websites are where customers, or users, first head to in order to understand a company and to become familiar with its products and services.
More so, a dedicated website gives businesses a wonderful opportunity to connect to their customers by enriching them with all ideas and messages and information they want to convey to them. So, get a website designed and developed to clear any doubts users face in knowing and accessing your business.
What kind of website is needed for your business?
Well, it’s true that having a website is not enough as the stakes have gone notches up from a decade or so earlier. A lot of changes have come in the way web designs are leveraged and its essences are implemented.
Your website is supposed to have all those features both users and search engines like to have, including –
✓ Good websites are a blend of aesthetics and technical finesses
✓ User-friendly designs and features should be there
✓ SEO-friendly elements should be present to benefit from search engines
✓ Mobile-friendly aspects can’t be ignored as responsive design should be leveraged
✓ Users should feel secure while visiting websites and their communications should be encrypted
✓ Top websites deliver unique user experiences without ever confusing them at any stage of the visit
✓ Navigation should be smooth and clear while loading should not take time
✓ Multi-browser, multi-device support should be there
In a sense, the website for your small business should be designed and developed in a way to serve its constituents – both, users and search engines alike – with effortless ease. Not doing the same, or not giving equal weightage to both these parts can force it to lose lots of prospects for sure.
Why web design best practices?
Web design is a dynamic concept. Changes are very much part of it. So, businesses have to understand those changes and adopt to them to benefit from the latest trends in the market.
Here are reasons why you websites should keep pace with the web design best practices –
✓ Your website should be designed and developed keeping in mind only latest trends in the web industry
✓ Adhering to outdate design elements and practices means missing out on benefits that the latest provide
✓ A website redesign can also help when your old website is not doing well in the wake of changes in web design
Important web design best practices for your website
There are quite a few web design best practices that you should be using to benefit your small business website. Not doing the same can let your website lose out all those benefits easily available to other players in the domain.
Here are those web design best practices –
#1 A minimalist approach to home page
A good number of businesses now prefer to have a website that looks simple or conveys its ideas and messages in a simplistic manner. A simple and fresh design creates solid impression on users and helps them convert into prospects. The home page holds the key as users often land here first before going into the site. Here, you should adopt a minimalist approach and have all those basic information needed in order to convince users. The page should have texts, images or visual info in a right amount to inform and enrich, not overdo anything.
#2 A subtle showcasing of products and services
Products and services should be shown to users the moment they land on your website. Many web designs fail to do this which is a wrong approach for your business. Users often don’t have time to scan your content through and in such situations, you need to capture their attention without looking or behaving intrusive. The home page is surely not the place to showcase all your products or services but the most important one/s could be shown using right kind of quality images or videos or infographics.
#3 Better conversions through better site load times
Website designs should be aimed at enhancing conversions by giving users a superior website load times. If the site takes time in loading, its conversions then will be impacted. Heavy sites or those rich in graphics often take time in loading and this aspect should not be lost on you. So, even if your site is heavy, you can make it load faster using right bandwidth and hardware infrastructure. This arrangement becomes even more important for those businesses having a huge traffic to grapple with on a regular basis.
#4 Give focus to easy accessibility of the website
The purpose of putting up a website on the internet is to let people know your business, understand your products or services and serve their own purposes. All this is only possible when the site has given proper attention to easy accessibility for users. So, the design and navigation should be consistent right through. There should not be great variance in layout and design on different pages. Navigation buttons should be visible, there should be clear call-to-action buttons and there has to be visual signs or clues at right places. These factors help users access the website as easily as they would like.
#5 Organized site and structured manner of information sharing
Both users and search engines like organized websites. Which means, the sites that present information in a structured manner will win the trust of users and search engines in a due manner. This is not possible unless the texts, graphics and photos are in sync with the design and layout. So, the site should not look disordered; should have legible fonts; important texts should be properly emphasized and links should be clear. Simply put, users don’t want to feel confused when they visit the site and this can only be avoided by keeping things organized.
#6 Fresh and unique content
Good designs are those that have fresh and unique content. Let alone users, even search engines give superior rankings to sites whose content is fresh, unique and updated on a regular basis. Be it texts, images, videos or any other form of content – they all should be up-to-date and relevant and this is the only way to keep your target audience engaged and hoked for longer. You can’t expect dated content to benefit the site beyond a basic level.
#7 Leverage responsive design
Your web design can’t ignore the ever-swelling tide of users accessing the web using mobile devices of different varieties. Thus, your web design should give a consistent look and feel to users across devices. You just can’t get a website developed for desktop audiences only as this means, you won’t be able to benefit from the mobile segment. With responsive design, you can cater all those users accessing web irrespective of the device type they use. Quite clearly, this is the way to go and let users and their web access potential be tapped to the full.
#8 SEO-friendly web design
Search engines are something nobody can ignore in today’s time where visibility is everything. So, your web design should understand the extent to which SEO can create the difference. There has to be some additions, tweaks and changes to the design to make it SEO friendly in nature. This way, a business can save a lot of money that would often go into availing digital marketing services. So, if a website is designed keeping in mind SEO, it will then surely bring ranking and visibility benefits. That’s why, it makes sense to hire capable developers familiar with latest web design trends to bring home all the advantages.
#9 Social Media Integration
Social media is now a key aspect of internet marketing. With userbase running into millions, these platforms expand the reach and impact of web design and open the world of opportunities. The latest web design trends is to integrate social media with the website and multiply the benefits to the business. So, popular social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube can now be integrated into the website to boost the visibility and ranking of websites. The purpose of the integration is to add value to the level of engagement of the business.
In overall, these are some web design trends and practices your website and business should pay heed to. So, hire one of top web designing companies and keep pace with the time. After this is all what matters at a time where the internet is the biggest marketplace in the world.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013