Website Design Tips For A Super Successful Website
Websites are the first point of contact and often the only point of contact between businesses and customers these days. Websites serve different purposes for different businesses. Websites need to be stable, use contemporary Web technologies and follow the Web design standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Website design is about keeping oneself up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends. To create websites that stand out from millions of other websites is a difficult task indeed. However, it’ll help you achieve that if you are in step with the latest emerging website design trends. Keeping yourself abreast of the latest trends and technologies will enable you to know what appeals to online audiences these days as well as enable you to avoid those trends and technologies if you wish to be a maverick and wish to stand apart.
Website design is a specific technical skill that takes years to perfect and reputed web design companies in India such as Mind Digital have the technical professionals necessary to come up with a website that will match up to expectations of discerning clients. So, for small businesses or startups who want to focus on growing their business, outsourcing website design to agencies in India makes sense.
In this article, we’ll offer some tips and strategies that go into making a top flight website.
Build a Website That Is Secure
Security of websites is becoming more important than ever with rising number of hacking attempts happening every year. For example, a bank’s website needs to be secure. Use of https — that is building a website that receives and sends data using 128-bit encryption — is becoming more and more common across a variety of banking, publishing and other websites. This is critically important on websites where you share private and personal information such as your credit card information or social security number and so on. This matters even more if you are planning an ecommerce website with online payment options. But use https no matter what your website is about as Google advises.
Google gives a “slight ranking boost to HTTPS URLs” as mentioned here.
Use Website Design Style Guides
It helps maintain uniformity across various websites and even a website’s multiple pages when there is an internal Style Guide that you follow. Google’s Material Design Style Guide is a good example of what a style guide is about.
Planning Your Website Offline
Having an overarching plan about the look and design and components of the entire website will actually cut your website design and development coding time. Better to have things on pencil and paper or on a whiteboard so that you don’t have to repeatedly change and rewrite code. Coding may be easy these days and smart web designers will know how to use existing code that is available for free rather than writing all of it on their own, but coding is really only a small component of the complete web design cycle.
There are wireframing tools available that help you design your website on Photoshop and which you can then transfer to these tools to translate into a website.
Make Sure to Use Large Fonts And Whitespace
Make sure your website uses large web fonts and has enough whitespace to give relief to the website user and keep the website’s readability high. Choose fonts that work on different screen sizes and since more and more users are switching to mobile devices and Smartphones, fonts matter more than ever so that users don’t have to squint to read your website’s content.
Ensuring enough whitespace on the website ensures that readers will be able to focus on the important elements rather than feeling lost in a lot of clutter. This works for websites that customers may visit frequently as well as new websites belonging to startups. Find some examples of websites that use whitespace well to get inspired in your own design.
Make Sure Your Website Has Accurate Information
This may appear common sense but not having up-to-date information can be the result of negligence in maintaining your business website. For example, a restaurant website need not be as advanced as a bank website but needs to have accurate price and contact information. Same goes for other local small businesses and startups such as fast food joints, pizza delivery outlets, limousine rental companies, bike repair shops and so on. When users visit these websites to place an order or book a table, the information they get on the website needs to be accurate for customers to have a positive customer experience.
Always Use Great Imagery
Customers will likely be attracted to a website that features outstanding images. For example, a restaurant website will do well to have quality photos of its menu items. Customers are likely to be more persuaded to book a table in your restaurant if they see pictures of the dishes.
Pictures should preferably be in JPG, GIF or PNG-8 formats for faster uploading. In a mobile-first world, upload time of images and webpages matters for a smoother browsing experience and even is used as a ranking factor by Google.
Use Google’s Material Design Philosophy
Responsive Website Design
Mobile devices are becoming the dominant way to access the web these days. Smartphones using Android and iOS come in different sizes but your website needs to look great irrespective of the screen size on which it is viewed. The solution is to use responsive web design so that customers have a smooth and delightful experience no matter what screen size or platform they are on.
It’s easy to go for responsive web design. Let us say you have decided to opt for the WordPress platform to build your website. WordPress is the world’s number one website building platform and will serve all your needs especially as a content management system. All you need to do is choose a responsive WordPress theme.
Similarly, if you are planning an ecommerce website, Magento is a popular platform option that offers all the features of an ecommerce portal. You need to opt for a responsive Magento theme on which to build your ecommerce website so that customers will be able to use your website seamlessly using different devices. Mobile ecommerce is the fastest growing segment of ecommerce and making your ecommerce website mobile-ready is absolutely essential.
There are responsive layouts in material design and the Google guide has the details.
Put Links to Social Media
Since customers may choose to interact with your business website using whatever tools best suits them or that customers are most comfortable using, your business needs to have an active presence on social media. So the website will also have links to your business’s Facebook page, Twitter handle and other social media accounts. But you need to make sure that these links are actually active so that customers don’t get disappointed. If a customer has some trouble with an electronic device and raises a query on Facebook or Twitter, the business needs to respond there appropriately by answering the customer’s query or by pointing them to the web page where their query has been answered — may be an FAQ page.
Getting The Website SEO Right
Digital marketing is what marketers are focused on these days and digital ad spends are set to overtake TV ad spends in 2018 showing a clear trend from traditional ad channels to the diversity of digital advertising channels.
The benefits of digital advertising are many. These can by highly targeted — such as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads in search engine result page. These ads are placed by the search engine based on keywords. If you do proper website SEO using SEO professionals, you’ll be well-placed to benefit from PPC ads in the future.
Websites With Blogs For Content Marketing Success
One cost effective way to do digital marketing is through content marketing. This will offer long-term benefits through better placement of your website in search result organic ranking.
Having a blog on the website (www.yoursite.com/blog) is the first step to a future content marketing plan. Content on the blog can come from different sources: you can have a dedicated content writer or content expert to take care of the content requirements or even outsource the task to a digital marketing agency such as Mind Digital with expertise in content marketing.
You could develop a community of your customers who visit the blog regularly and upload fresh content, comment on other users’ content and discuss various relevant topics on different forums. These will work if you are a business that attracts devoted, enthusiastic, and passionate users. Even NASA’s Juno mission currently orbiting Jupiter lets the public participate in its JunoCam Community.
Use A/B Testing
Testing what works best is essential whether it’s the placement of a button on your website or the use of different colors. A/B testing is commonly used by many different businesses including Google, Microsoft Bing, and even The New York Times with its headlines.
But while trying out different possible combinations, one should not try to reinvent the wheel or upend the existing and common rules of website design that have become the norm over the past two decades of the Web’s existence — the long in/out button should go at the top right of your website as they do on every website. Overall, the navigation of your website should be an intuitive affair and the user should not be expected to expend brain power and time in figuring it out.
Webby Award Winners
You could take a look at the Webby Award winners in different categories to get inspired. After all, these winners were chosen by online visitors through online voting. These awards are presented in different categories such as Best Navigation/Structure, Best User Interface, and in different subcategories under the Best Visual Design category. The winning websites might provide you with some unexpected insights or inspiration.
Outsourcing Website Design
With all the different technical and aesthetic aspects involved in designing a website, you will want to go for a professional website design company to build your website. India-based website design companies will work best if you want to get outstanding results fast.
There are many professional website design companies in India such as Mind Digital who have the necessary expertise and hundreds of man-years of total experience in building websites for different clients. Whether your requirement is a content-heavy website to be built using WordPress, a niche social media or dating website, an ecommerce website, or some other startup website, outsourcing to a website design company will get you superlative results.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013