What is Structure Data in SEO And Why It’s Important?
Before digging deep into everything about structured data and their utility in SEO, we should know this –
✂ Using structured data has helped businesses increase their page conversion rates by three times
✂ A boost of 35% monthly organic traffic has been reported by businesses that use structured data
Well, we can clearly see how businesses are benefitting from structured data and improving their search results and traffic volume. So much so, the Google organic conversion rate has also risen 4.5 times than earlier due to the use of structured data.
So, the question is – what is structured data?
Well, we know SEO or Search Engine Optimization is all about allowing search engines to first understand and then crawl the website’s data for improving rankings. We also know search engines like Google use an algorithm to decide on crawling and indexing data of a website.
The algorithms are basically a set of rules which keep changing over time for giving preferences to websites that are adding value and using ethical means. Structured Data is one such change to search engine algorithms.
After all, not only users but also search engine bots also find organized data to their liking, which is where the utility of structured data comes into play in true sense.
Basically, structured data (also known as schema mark-up) is a code used by search engines in crawling, organizing and displaying website content in a manner that helps users find information easily, smoothly and quickly.
In addition, structured data is the information included in the HTML to provide more details to search engines about the page content. After all, search engines can properly understand information only when it’s structured as machine-readable data.
To benefit from structured data, one has to use scheme mark-up and add the right code to the web page. Using schema (from schema.org), one can let Google know the type of content on the page.
Using schema, you can clearly tell whether the content is article, recipe, how-to, product page or anything; you can also add details specific to the content so that search engines can deliver value to their users.
Here are some of examples that show the use of structured data in web pages –
Benefits of Structured Data
There are some great benefits of using structured data, so you should first know how it really helps before leveraging it for your website.
Here are some of benefits –
1. A boost to page relevancy
Search engines will first grasp, understand and know the contents of websites before crawling so that they can display relevant results against searches. Site owners can thus use structured data and provide search engines with the detailed information about the contents of their site. This is how algorithm will find it easier to match the content to right searches.
2. Better performance in search results
Using structured data can help you get an edge over others in search engine result pages. After all, there is a lot of competition among websites to rank in the first pages of search results. You can thus implement structured data and add everything like reviews, ratings, images etc. that can help your site grab the user’s attention easily.
3. Google Knowledge Graph
Knowledge Graph is a pioneering tool from Google developed to collate all the information, facts, events etc. so that it can be presented in the form of a knowledge graph. You can benefit from structured data and fill the knowledge box of the business.
4. More information to target audience
Marketers have started using structured data to achieve better results with their paid efforts. They now use it to add more information with their ad copy so that the target audience can be provided with better information. This can also have a positive impact on the conversion rates.
5. Effectiveness with e-mail marketing
A lot of marketers now use structured data to provide more information to their customers through emails. E-commerce players in particular can utilize schema mark-up and send more details to customers about their products and services.
How Can I Use Structured Data?
You should know that structured data uses HTML code. So, your first need to familiarize yourself with html and then think of benefiting from structured data. However, you can also use structured data with minimal coding thanks to the availability of some third-party tools. These tools come with html tags which let search engines mark-up website pages easily.
And yes, site owners can also trust Google to make available freely how to implement data.
Here are the tools to build structured data –
Data Highlighter Tool
This tool can help you highlight the different parts of the website that have data or information. After that, the data can be tagged with labels so that search engines generate snippets.
Structured Data Markup Helper
This tool is also helpful for working on web pages and HTML email templates. Web masters can just login and follow the steps meant to first identify and then tag the right section on the site. In the end, copy and paste the code on the site, or save it.
Site owners can benefit from two WordPress plugins, namely, WP Rich Snippets and Schema App Structured Data, to keep their pages and posts up to date without writing any code. They can also use schema.org plugin to create structured data in simple steps. This plugin can actually also give a preview of the way pages appear in search engine result pages.
Structured Data Testing Tool
After creating the required HTML code for the structured data, you should then go ahead and test it. This tool from Google will come of great help in identifying risks and them fixing them effortlessly. After fixing all the issues, you can paste the final HTML code on the site.
You can clearly see how structured Data help a lot with your website’s ranking. You can thus hire the services of a top digital marketing company and benefit from structured data.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013