Why Magento Is The Best Choice As Your Ecommerce Platform
Whether you’ve got big plans in the ecommerce space and want to take on brands like Nieman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman or you plan to start a boutique online website catering to a niche marketplace, your choice of an ecommerce platform is a key strategic decision that will play a role in the success of your ecommerce startup.
Why Magento Is The Best Choice
The size of the global ecommerce business stands at $1.7 trillion as of 2015 and it will go up to $3.6 trillion by 2019, according to eMarketer. To thrive in the online space, you will need a modern technology platform that is also evolving rapidly to keep pace with changes in technology.
Magento meets these criteria. It is an open-source platform and therefore highly customizable. There are vast numbers of Magento themes available to suit your business and aesthetic requirements.
Global mobile retail ecommerce business size will increase from $315 billion in 2015 to $669 billion in 2018, according to statista. Mobile ecommerce constitutes about 30 percent of total ecommerce business in the U.S.
Magento Responsive Themes
Magento responsive themes will let you build an online shopping portal that will meet high customer expectations in terms of usability. On Smartphones, usability translates to clean, clutter-free design, fast-loading and a smooth check out and payment option.
Magento Third-Party Software Integration
Magento lets you integrate your ecommerce website with numerous payment gateways including PayPal. You can also integrate Magento with different shipping services including international shipping. You can integrate Magento with Google Analytics and Google Shopping as well as content management systems like WordPress. You can also do Salesforce integration with Magento.
Magento Ecommerce Websites And Digital Marketing
When marketing turns out to be a significant business cost for even established FMCG brands, for a startup, advertising expenses can be crippling and suck a major portion of your initial investment.
Hence, making the right choices in terms of where and how to spend your advertising dollars is important.
Digital marketing rather than traditional newspaper or TV ads make far more sense as digital advertising is highly targeted and advertising budgets are not wasted.
Digital advertising has different components that can cost anything from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
For a fledgling startup, placing a banner ad or display ad on the home page of The New York Times or CNN.com may not be the most savvy investment decision. Better to make smaller investments in digital advertising through Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising on search engines such as Google.
Customer acquisition, outreach, and retention efforts as well as customer service happen across multiple channels these days and social media plays an important part in all of these. In fact, more than 90 percent customers these days turn to social media for making buying decisions and more than 90 percent customers also trust products recommended by their social media peers.
Social media marketing can be an effective and low-cost tool. Facebook offers lots of options including Carousel ads.
Magento Ecommerce Websites and Social Media
Ecommerce businesses are naturally expected to be able to use social media more smartly and effectively than old or traditional businesses.
Using Magento as your ecommerce website platform will let you make the most of digital marketing initiatives such as social media marketing with promoted posts on Facebook, Pinterest, and promoted tweets on Twitter.
Different social media platforms require images of different sizes. So, your images should be appropriately sized.
Use of Magento responsive themes will ensure that your social media shares all display correctly for your social media followers.
Magento ecommerce development should take into account these future requirements and proceed accordingly. Magento development companies in India such as Mind Digital with extensive prior experience in executing different Magento projects for different clients will have the proper bandwidth and expertise to provide you with the necessary guidance and expertise.
Social Media Tricks
To connect with customers and potential customers on social media, your social media posts should be keyword optimized. So, your social media posts should contain the keywords that make sense for you as an ecommerce startup or ecommerce business.
Social content is different than sales content. Aggressively sales-oriented content will turn away customers. Social content has to be share-worthy such as interesting customer stories. News and tips related to your business segment will work as well. Educate, inform and entertain your social media followers to keep them coming back for more.
Magento And Content Marketing
Content marketing is a useful and cost-effective customer outreach and marketing technique. You can build customer loyalty as well as pull potential new customers into the marketing funnel by smartly using the website’s blog. The blog posts can be FAQs, tips, recipes, guidelines, training videos or anything else that might be of use to your customers.
Giant luxury department stores such as Neilan Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman not only have their online ecommerce websites but have excellent blogs as well.
(Bergdorf Goodman blog)
(Neiman Marcus blog)
And here is an online ecommerce website that does not have a blog — clearly, a missed content marketing opportunity.
(Online wedding dresses and much more but no blog)
Looking at a couple of custom-made shoe ecommerce websites shows one website that has an FAQ page but no blog and another website that has neither.
(Ecommerce shoes website with no blog and no FAQ page)
(Ecommerce website with an Faq page but no blog)
Clearly, many ecommerce businesses are not putting to use all the tools available to them to enlarge their customer base as well as be more friendly to customers and reach out to them. You can have a blog on your Magento ecommerce website to gain a competitive advantage over many others.
Magento Multi-Store, Multi-Language and Multi-Currency Features
You can create multiple Magento stores using one installation of Magento. This lets you create stores with non-English language options. You can also display product prices in different currencies to cater to customers around the world. In fact, stores can be designed to show prices in the currency of the user’s country based on his or her IP address from which the website visitor visits the site.
Magento Shopping Cart and Seamless Checkout Features
With Magento’s persistent shopping cart feature, online shopping becomes a seamless and user-friendly experience for users as logged-in users will be able to browse products on their mobiles while travelling to the office in the morning and the check-out and payment parts of the shopping experience in the evening.
Their shopping cart will have all the items they had added to it previously.
Magento Ecommerce Websites And SEO
Website SEO is critical to the success of any website but it is more so in case of ecommerce websites such as Magento ecommerce websites since the success of such a website is all about attracting customers and persuading them to buy products from the website. Ecommerce websites will typically have thousands of products and product pages not to mention site search result pages. Hence, optimizing these websites is a bit more difficult than optimizing usual websites.
Your SEO strategy should be based on data and you generate the data by performing research such as auditing your site’s SEO and doing keyword research. Keyword research will tell you what keywords will work best on your product pages. Long-tail keywords have a better chance at getting a high rank.
Competitor research is important to craft your own SEO strategy. Such research will inform you what keywords your peers and competitors are successfully targeting and you can decide whether you want to target those keywords as well or go for other keywords.
Some important SEO strategies for ecommerce websites are:
✓ Use unique product descriptions. Product descriptions should be unique so that Google does not treat it as duplicate content. Craft compelling sales copy that will entice visitors to consider making a purchase on your ecommerce site.
✓ Customer reviews matter. Data shows that product pages with customer reviews work better in multiple ways compared to product pages without customer reviews. Amazon and other major ecommerce sites have made customer reviews an integral part of their product pages. Inserting customer reviews also means that the page gets fresh content all the time which leads to a higher rank in Google search results.
✓ Use intuitive navigation. Ecommerce websites have become common enough now that some things about them such as product categories have become somewhat standardized. You should adopt those categories as well since you do not want the user to have to go through an entire learning curve to learn simple site navigation of your website.
✓ Integrate social media onto product pages. Since Google rankings these days are impacted by social media signals, it makes sense from an SEO perspective to add social sharing buttons for all the major, popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
✓ Pages should load fast. Your product pages should load fast if you want visitors to stick around. Data says people will leave your site if it takes more than three seconds to load.
✓ Optimize for mobile. As mobile shopping grows, it is critical to have a mobile-optimized Magento ecommerce website. If customers have a frustrating experience while trying to shop, they’ll likely leave and acquire a negative impression about your ecommerce site. Google also demotes sites in its search rankings if they are not optimized for mobile.
Magento Websites And Rich Snippets/Schema
Adding structured data to mark up your content such as by using Schema markup helps search engines like Google to make better sense of the content on your website. Google is also able to generate Rich Cards and Rich Snippets based on the structured data.
Adding microdata to your Magento product pages means the display of rich snippets on the search engine result pages (SERPs). Rich snippet displays might include a restaurant’s menu item prices, its opening and closing hours, contact number, star rating, reviews, availability and so on.
Such helpful displays in the SERP can increase click-through rates (CTR) by as much as 20 to 30 percent.
For example, a simple product page may have any of the following Schema.org tags:
✓ In Stock / Our of Stock
✓ Reviews (average score and number of reviews/votes)
✓ Product Image
✓ Product Identifier (GTIN, ISBN, ENAN, etc)
Outsourcing Magento Ecommerce Development
A Magento-based ecommerce website development project can be quite expensive. Outsourcing Magento development to India-based Magento development companies can lead to significant cost savings for you.
Other Benefits of Outsourcing Magento Ecommerce Development
Cost benefits are not the only reason to opt for outsourcing to India. You will also get the added benefit of having highly experienced and competent Magento professionals working on your project.
Magento professionals and user experience professionals working together can deliver an ecommerce site that will provide a smooth and intuitive buying experience to customers.
Experienced Magento professionals at India-based Magento development companies will ensure that third party software integration, WordPress integration with your Magento CMS and other technical aspects of your ecommerce website work flawlessly.
Digital Marketing and Content Marketing Expertise:
Magento development companies in India not only provide one-time Magento ecommerce development but also continuous post-launch support as well as digital marketing and content marketing expertise.
Ecommerce business expansion takes smart planning and implementation of a carefully targeted digital marketing campaign including PPC ads and social media marketing. PPC management service provided by Mind Digital will provide help and guidance in this regard.
An comprehensive content marketing strategy will include regular blog posts on the ecommerce website’s blog as well as synchronized updates on LinkedIn and other content marketing channels like Quora and Medium. Experienced content marketing professionals at Mind Digital will ensure smooth sailing of your content marketing campaign.
A Magento installation is therefore quite a smart choice as your ecommerce installation and outsourcing Magento ecommerce development to companies such as Mind Digital is a smart business decision.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013