8 Local Search Engine Optimization Tips for Bing
Bing may not match Google when it comes to market share, but it still gets millions of searches every day. That’s why marketers should look to benefit from this popular search engine to help business perform well on the web. However, the algorithm for Bing works quite differently to that of Google, so it’s important to first understand the pros and cons of optimizing for this search engine.
It’s true that Google gets the lion’s share of marketers when optimizing for SEO is done. But it would be a mistake if a business does not benefit from some other search engines as well like Bing to grow their base and widen their reach. Low market share should never deter you form benefiting secondary search engines as it’s all about reaching to more places and more people for better conversions.
Plus, Bing is there for long and marketers can leverage this search engine and ensure that nothing is left to desire for a business. Naturally, local search engine optimization strategies with Bing will be entirely different to that of Google but the purpose remains the same – to make the business perform well in search engine rankings.
Here are some local search engine optimization tips for Bing –
1. Use Bing Places
In Google, you have ‘Google My Business’ to list everything about your company for benefits in local search. In Bing, the same task is done with ‘Bing Places’ which you can use to ensure best local search results for the business.
So, first up, you need to feature location details and then hope optimization rewards from Bing. And yes, here, you need to give more focus to social signals from third party platforms be it Facebook for better local rankings.
With simple instructions, you can list your business in ‘Bing Places’ and then complete the verification via email, text message or phone call etc. Once the verification is done, Bing will list and publish your business automatically for local optimization purposes.
2. Have Images or Pictures
Once your business listing is done with Bing, the next thing is line is to use images or pictures to gain trust and authority from users. By using high-quality images of the office building and infrastructure, you can easily gain confidence of users. In fact, business listings with images are more likely to be clicked through by users to reach the site. This is how you can encourage prospects and boost conversion rates for your business.
3. Publish Reviews
Customers today read reviews before engaging with brands. This gives them a peek into various aspects and adds heft to decision making. So, if your business listing is devoid of reviews, chances are nobody would bother to click through it to reach your site.
If reviews are there, it may encourage users to take some action. So, you can urge or encourage customers to leave genuine reviews for better performance in local searches. But yes, avoid succumbing to the lure of fake reviews as users today are smart and they would find it out, which can harm your reputation in the long run.
And yes, even if reviews are not favourable, get them published as they will help customers get some idea about your business. And yes, avoid buying 5-star reviews!
4. Leverage social media
Having a social presence is essential for a business to do well in local searches of Bing. Because, its algorithm uses social signals to analyse the quality of content, which can impact rankings. And when it comes to social media presence, you have to be on Facebook and Twitter to get seen by the majority.
Being on social media alone won’t help much as you also need to look for more engagement and more social signals (shares, likes, retweets etc.). This will ensure higher rankings on Bing. And yes, avoid buying followers, likes whatever as they might affect your prospects in the long run.
5. Caution with On-Page Optimization
Some caution is required when you decide to do on-page optimization for Bing else it might negatively affect your business Google SERPs. This happens because both the algorithms follow an entirely different approaches and it’s better to have your priority chalked out in advance.
You should also know the Bing Algorithm is not as complicated as Google’s and it still works by matching keywords to queries. So, if you want to do well in Bing SERPs, focus more on inserting keywords in the text, pay attention to the keyword density, and have keywords for titles (H1), subheadings (H2) and opening paragraphs.
6. Have Proper Tags and Categories
Look, lots of users will be quite specific with search terms and to cater them well you must use tags and categories. This helps make the site more easily searchable (discoverable as well). The good thing, adding tags and categories is some simple with the CMS like WordPress and you won’t break a sweat for sure. So, be good with tags and categories to feature prominently in Bing’s SERPs.
7. Be Conventional with Link Building
When it comes to inbound links, Bing’s view is similar to Google and you need to keep that is mind. Here in Bing, links that grow organically get more rewards while abusive tactics get penalized. Plus, you have to give more emphasis on link quantity than link quality for better results at optimization. Additionally, having exact match anchor text links will also ensure more rewards that it does in Google.
8. Boost Page Load Time
User experience matters whether in Bing or Google. And when a site’s pages load slower than normal, it always ruins user experience. To avoid putting off users, you can use the Bing Webmaster Tools and check the page load time and take appropriate action. The tool will also help you know the ways to improve page load time of the site if it does not load as fast as it should. You can also take help of a top digital marketing company and rectify all the mistakes in your site.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013