Planning A Website Launch – Things To Understand About Web Development & Web Designing
Did you know that the number of people having access to the internet is now nearing 4 billion mark worldwide?
You should also know that the percentage of people using internet in developed country has reached to a massive 82% level while it stands at 35% for developing nation.
Similarly, mobile broadband subscriptions for developed country are now at 86.7% while 39.1% for developing countries.
What all this points to? Well, it shows that over 40% population of the world now have access to the internet. This must excite you, mustn’t it?
So, if you run a business, then these figures or stats are sure to make you pleased no end. After all, with such amazing level of internet penetration, your business has a chance to grow and realize its potential in quick time. This is where websites come into equation.
Why a website?
So, you are planning a website launch. You want a website designed and developed to take your business online. You know prospects multiply at a phenomenal rate on the internet and you want to benefit from that.
You also know that without a website, you won’t be able to be in the digital world, let alone having any foothold there. So, it all starts with a site which takes you to a wider market and lets your business capitalize upon that.
You know a quality website will help you in many ways, including –
✓ Your business gets a solid presence on the internet
✓ Users can find your products and services easily
✓ Distance and geography won’t matter
✓ Your business can serve any market worldwide
✓ A 24 x 7 operations becomes a reality
✓ Brand awareness gets a boost
Quite clearly, having a website opens up the world of opportunities for your business and creates chances of growth and expansion. Given so much benefits attached, you should then not delay getting a website developed for the business.
However, you should not rush into hiring any company for your website. Rather, you should first understand the aspects into website development and design so that things are clear to you beforehand.
Website development vs website designing
If you’re looking to get a website developed and designed, you should then understand how development is different from designing. You should know how web design India is different from development and how both help your business. You should also know that –
✓ Design and development are two different faces
✓ They are not the same even if many people use them interchangeably
✓ Both involve entirely different skillsets and technologies
✓ While design is about the visual aspect of the site, the development relates to the technical facet
✓ The design part is about how a site looks and how it helps in interaction with customers
✓ Front-end or customer-facing front is the core area of focus in designing
✓ The design is also about the web usability of the site and its user friendliness
✓ Front and back-end are two aspects of the web development
✓ In the front-end development, visual design of the site is built into code
✓ Back-end development is needed for complex projects
✓ Advanced programming and interactions on the pages are involved in the back-end development
✓ This kind of development focus on how the site works and how customers do tasks with the help of functionality
Development and designing – benefits to your business
We can clearly see how development and designing are two entirely yet connected elements in your website. They help make your website a reality. They bring benefits to your business in many ways, including –
✓ Your business goes online and joins the ever-growing pool of users and entities there
✓ You get a tool to catch the attention of users
✓ The visual aspect of the site will strike at the senses and turn visitors into prospects
✓ The technical aspects will let visitors find ease in accessing or using the website in the desired manner
✓ If the site is developed and designed properly, users will serve their purpose with ease, no matter whether it’s navigation, browsing or purchasing
✓ Your business and its elements will reach to more people on the internet
✓ Your presence will be global in true sense
Development and designing – features they bring to your website
We know it takes high-quality designing and development to get a good business website. We also know that without having a good website, your business won’t be able to realize its true potential on the internet. That’s where features of the website make all the difference.
Let’s look at some of top features of a website –
1# Easy to read
Any website is there for visitors. Yours is not different. If the website is not helping visitors read the content and get information, then it’s useless to anyone. So, the content on the site should be easy to read. From colour to visual appeal to heading – no part of the content should create any problem to readers or visitors.
2# Hassle-free navigation
Visitors come to your site to access it in a hassle-free manner. So, if the navigation is not up to the market, users can switch to other sites and serve their purpose. Simple or easy navigation is possible only when on the links are clearly visible so do icon menus. Only then can visitors feel good about the navigation.
3# Responsive in nature
Only responsive websites can deliver a consistent look and feel across devices and screen types. If yours is not, it can’t never expect to win mobile or tablet users. Non-responsive sites — no matter how much information they have — fail to serve visitors in a positive manner, particularly those using mobile devices. So, get responsive website design and grow your business.
4# Quick to load content
A good website is one that loads content in a speedy manner. And when loading is speedy, it ensures better user experience resulting in more visitors. On the other hand, sites that don’t load quickly face the risk of losing its visitors. It all depends on the kind of development and usages of images, script and CSS to enrich the site with quick downloading.
5# Zero dead links
Visitors avoid going to the site that have dead links. This situation dilutes user experience in a big way. That’s why your site must be aware about such links as their presence is equal to losing prospects. You must ensure that and redirect gets a 301 status and this at least serves some purpose.
6# Relevant content
The site should have only relevant content else its prospects must be in jeopardy. You can’t expect to run the site with content that is not fresh and that serves no purpose at all. The best strategy is to get the site’s content updated on a regular basis so that users can benefit. This applies to content of all types, be it images, text, videos, infographics etc.
7# Contact form
Many websites don’t bother about visitors beyond a point. They don’t have contact form whose absence means visitors can never contact the business. Not having such a form impacts businesses on two levels – first, visitors fail to reach them and secondly, they fail to get information which visitors would have shared. This is how leads are lost.
8# Multi-browser compatibility
It’s obvious that visitors to your site use different browsers. So, if your site is not compatible with any popular browser around, it can then severely impact your prospects. Your site not only must look good on all browsers but deliver ease with them all. This can only be possible when it’s developed in a way to be multi-browser compatible.
9# SEO-friendly in nature
The purpose of a website is to make it more visible on the internet. More visibility is only possible when it ranks higher in search engine SERPs. And ranks depend on the kind of elements your site is developed with. That’s why, you must ensure that the site is developed keeping search engines in mind. Having an SEO-friendly sites pays a lot.
10# Smart search through search form
Visitors often come to the site to find one or another information in a hassle-free and simple manner. It’d be a mistake if they did not find information in an easy manner. You can thus have a search form in the site so that information can be retrieved in an easy manner.
Visitors come to the site with a lot of questions in mind and they seek answers for them all. You can help them by having FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) posted somewhere in the site to remove all their doubts. This is how you let visitors understand the site in a better way and serve their intended purposes with ease.
In overall, having a top-quality website is important for your business to make its presence count on the internet. Thus, trust only a reputed web development company and take your business to a new height….
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013