Why It Is Important To Choose An Experienced Website Designer
Just as you won’t want a greenhorn neurosurgeon to operate on your brain or a fresh faced pilot to fly the plane during a time of turbulent weather, you won’t want inexperienced website designers to be in charge of your website development project. Experience teaches professionals about the right ways to do things. With experience, professionals — be it neurosurgeons or pilots or website designers — learn about what works and what doesn’t. Experience, above all, teaches professionals about where the trapdoors lie hidden. With experience, professionals learn about the pitfalls to avoid which will in turn save you both time and money.
Experience & Website Designers
The World Wide Web has grown tremendously in the last 20 years since the first rudimentary hyperlinked web pages were built by Tim Berners-Lee at CERN. The Internet itself is closer to 40 years old from its birth as a Department of Defense (DoD) project, the ARPAnet. Cellphones and smartphones have become incredibly commonplace — not only in advanced nations but also in the developing world. Mobile usage has exploded in the past decade as the cost of ownership has gone below $100 but the first rudimentary cellphones go back nearly 40 years to the bulky handsets developed by Motorola. Over these decades, technology has advanced — in website design as much as in cellphones.
Disruptive Force of The Internet
It’s worth noting what a disruptive force the Internet has been in a variety of industries. Take newspapers and encyclopedias for example, which used to be our go-to sources of current and archival information. Information used to be disseminated by authorities and they used to come to us in expensive, leather-bound volumes. Now, everything is online. All the newspapers as well as all the information are available virtually for free. So, access to information has been democratized — it’s far easier to read the New York Times online no matter where you are located in the world rather than having to gain access to a physical copy of the paper. Wikipedia of course has meant the end of Microsoft Encarta and Encyclopedia Britannica (or at least its print edition). Since everything is online, website design is more critical than ever before.
The Internet has killed DVDs and audio CDs as the means to watch your favorite movie, TV show, or listen to your favorite musician. Streaming has replaced the old DVDs and CDs. We now have Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Apple iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, etc. One remarkable thing about the growth of the Internet is the growth in the bandwidth of the Internet. Broadband Internet is now commonplace with average speeds of anywhere from 2 MBPS to 100 MBPS depending on which country you live in. This has made video streaming possible and commonplace. The easy availability of broadband video, 4G LTE networks, smartphones have all meant that people have become used to consuming information in the form of video. People spend billions of hours every month watching YouTube videos.
If you are a content owner, provider or distributor or even an advertiser, it now makes sense to package your content in a video. People are more inclined to watch a 2-minute or 5-minute video than read 2,000 or 5,000 words. No wonder viral videos attract millions and tens of millions of views. The point is that website design is something that needs to be taken seriously as the online world has exploded beyond what anyone has ever imagined.
A World of Blogs, Tumblrs, and Pinterest Boards
Everyone is a publisher now and everyone has a voice. Everyone is also present on a variety of Social Media platforms. You can have a Blogger blog or a WordPress blog and publish your writings, musings, poetry or anything at all that you love. The number of cookery blogs and mommy blogs are legion. For lovers of fine photography, there are Pinterest boards and Instagram photos have become de rigour. People take to Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr depending on their inclinations or interests.
21st Century Website Design
Website design now has grown far more complex than before. It is no longer enough to get a bare bones website up and running. “If you build it, they’ll come” may be true in some other field but is certainly not true as far as websites are concerned. Your websites not only have to be up and running, they must also be eye-catching and easy to discover from search engines. When there are literally one billion websites in the world, you have got thousands and tens of thousands of competing websites in every niche. So, whether your website is merely about your hobby of photography, or a nascent ecommerce website targeted to adventure sports enthusiasts, you will need to make sure that your website has all the bells and whistles so that you are able to effectively compete with the other websites in your domain.
Experienced Website Designer Advantage
Here is what you will get by opting for experienced website designers.
Websites can be developed using WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Ruby on Rails and so on. Experienced website designers will know what technology suits what needs. You need to choose the right CMS platform for your website if you are in the publishing niche. You need the right Ecommerce platform if you are planning an Ecommerce website. An Ecommerce website will need to have payment gateways, product categorization, blog, shopping cart, promotional or marketing emails, etc.
Latest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Just as website technologies have changed and become more complex, so has SEO. It has not become irrelevant as some might like to think, but it has become more subtle and sophisticated. Old-fashioned link spamming and other black hat techniques are certainly out.
Google has made immense changes to its search algorithm so as to put only relevant and non-spammy websites and results at the top of its search results. Google has grown ever more sophisticated as it tries to keep a step ahead of those who try to game the Google search results to derive benefits that they don’t deserve. Google’s Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird updates have ensured that link spamming gets severely punished while new and original content is highly valued.
Hence the importance of blogs on websites as well as the value placed on original content. This is the new SEO.
Website design is also critical when it comes to SEO as the better user experience a person has, the more they will come back to your website. Making your websites mobile-optimized is part of SEO too as Google gives preference to websites that are light and easy to load and read on mobiles and smartphones. This is again another example of Google trying to serve the most relevant links in the Google organic search results to its search users.
So, make sure that your websites are responsive — which means adopting responsive website design technology that leads to a website which displays perfectly on all screen sizes and is equally user-friendly on a smartphone, a tablet, and a desktop or laptop. Above, are just some of the things that need to kept in mind when working with a web design professional.
Being Ready for The Social Web
Since Social Media has become such an important part of the lives of online customers, they also send signals to search engines like Google. If you want your news or content website to be right up there with the NYTs and the WSJs, you need to put up good content that people will love to read, browse and view.
Also, such content has to be shareable to different Social Media. So, integrating those Social Media buttons is important when a website design professional is putting together your website. If a news story or article or opinion piece gets tweeted by thousands of people and is shared on Facebook by thousands, that will get thousands of clicks raising its value in the eyes of search engines. Search engines will display the link in the search results for relevant keywords. So, a key part of SEO is tagging an article or other content with the right keywords, the right news_keywords, and even the right microdata markup such as Open Graph or Schema.org markup.
Use Experienced Website Designers — And Stay Ahead of The Competition
Schema.org markup is an example of what separates the good from the merely average — if not bad. It’s something Google recommends websites embed; but few websites do. The best websites have microdata markup. Experienced website designers will make sure that your website gets these little things — or, rather, these important things — rights. Smart businesses do things smartly. Companies such as Apple are the masters in what they do. They design the best smartphones and incorporate the latest technology and raise the bar in terms of touch screen technology and screen resolution and much else that is available on consumer devices.
But they also play hardball with competitors by patenting every innovation of theirs. Mr. Steve Jobs was a master at this. He was great at protecting every intellectual property of Apple by patenting. He himself is named in hundreds of patents and such patents with Mr. Jobs as one of the individuals named as being responsible for them continue to flow the patent filing and granting mechanism even today — more than three years after his death. Mr. Jobs was not above issuing veiled threats to competitors. As revealed in ongoing court cases about Apple’s possible abuse of anti-competitive statutes, he wrote to a competitor in an email: ‘please take a look at our patent portfolio and you might like to consider your stance before taking a final decision.’ Lastly, Apple is a master when it comes to website design and it can be seen clearly.
Website design is a long-term investment and it is a strategic investment. If you want to become a leading player in your niche, your website has to be comparable to the best. It must meet all the technology and aesthetic requirements. Technologies will only get more and more complex in the future and websites will need to do more. By opting for experienced website designers at offshore development companies like Mind Digital, you make a solid investment that will pay you rich dividends in the long run.
- How To Call Batch Apex By Scheduler Class Within Salesforce
- What Is The Importance Of Google Algorithm Updates
- How To Create Dynamic Dependent Picklist Of Objects Within Salesforce
- What Is Wrapper Class & How To Use It In Salesforce
- How To Create Pagination Within Salesforce
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore Drupal Development Company
- Web Development Mistakes That Affect Your Online Reputation
- How To Integrate Google Maps Into Your Salesforce Software
- Check Your Link Building Strategy For 2014
- Tips For Selling Products Through Social Networking
- How To Create A Chart With Salesforce
- Benefits of Using India For Outsourcing & Offshore Development
- How To Integrate Salesforce With Facebook
- What Is Service Cloud Console In Salesforce & How To Enable It
- Superior Offshore Web Development At A Reasonable Cost
- How To Create Bucket Fields In Your Salesforce Reports
- 5 Things To Consider When Hiring A Drupal Developer
- Growth Of E-commerce Website Development
- Challenges In Hiring An Offshore Web Development Company
- 10 Tips When Creating Batch Apex In Salesforce
- What To Include & What To Exclude In SEO Plans
- How To Create An Opportunity Using A Visualforce Page In Salesforce
- Hire An Offshore Ruby On Rails Development Company Over A Freelancer
- Hire Drupal Developers Offshore To Increase Your Capabilities
- Effective SEO In A Post Panda Update – The Rules Have Changed
- Common Mistakes In Offshore Web Development
- What To Consider While Hiring A Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer?
- Smart Phone & Tablet User Penetration
- Tips For Hiring A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design Is Essential For Your Business
- How To Email Documents From Salesforce
- Website Development And Website Design Company India
- Why Work With An Offshore Development Company?
- How To Create Tab Panel In Salesforce
- How To Avoid 5 Common Off-Page SEO Mistakes
- The Multi-Billion Dollar Offshore Software Development Industry
- What Are The Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing?
- SEO & Conversational Keyword Search
- How To Avoid 5 Common On-Page SEO Mistakes
- How To Add Google Authorship And Its Benefits For Better SEO
- What’s Better For Facebook Ads: CPC Or CPM?
- Questions To Ask Your Potential Search Engine Optimization Partner
- How To Create Batch Apex In Salesforce
- Benefits Of Offshore PHP Development For Your Businesses
- Offshore Magento Development Means More Than Just Development Help
- What To Look For When Hiring A Dedicated OpenCart Developer
- Why You Should Consider Hiring Joomla Developers Offshore
- Stop Using Free Web Templates – Hire A Web Development Company
- How To Manage An Offshore Development Company?
- Hire Offshore Software Professionals To Help Your Business
- Offshore Development Is A Sensible Solution For Recessionary Times
- Why You Should Offshore Your Joomla Website Development
- 5 Tips To Help You Hire A Good Offshore PHP Development Company
- Reasons Why Salesforce CRM Customization Is Easy
- PHP Development – Turn Your Website Into A Multi-Featured Web Application
- 5 Things To Ask A Web Development Company Before Starting Work
- How A Multifaceted Web Development Company Can Help You?
- Take Advantage By Hiring A PHP Development Company From India
- Use Social Media Marketing To Improve Your Brand Identity
- Hiring Dedicated Developers From Offshore Development Companies
- See Measurable Results By Hiring Dedicated Ruby On Rails Developer
- Can “Developed By” Links Hurt Your SEO?
- Avoid 4 Common WordPress Development Mistakes
- How To Get All Salesforce Components In Force.com IDE
- The Manifold Advantages Of Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- Web Development Company In India Defined
- Hire A Dedicated Drupal Developer To Develop A High Performance CMS
- Offshore Development – The Most Beneficial And Cost Effective Way To Outsource Your Business
- What To Look For When Hiring An Offshore Development Company
- Why Dedicated PHP Web Developers Are In Demand
- How To Avoid Some Common Mistakes When Working With An Offshore Web Development Company
- How To Choose An SEO Company
- Factors To Consider When Hiring Offshore Developers In India
- What To Look For When Hiring Dedicated Magento Developers
- Why Google Create Its Own Title Instead Of Using Yours
- 3 Challenges of Working with an Offshore Web Development Company
- Why Ruby On Rails Development Has Become Popular
- Why Hire A Web Development Company That Also Offers SEO
- 10 Tips And Tricks For Salesforce
- Are Back-links Losing Their Importance To Google Search Rankings
- The Significance Of A Salesforce Developer
- 4 Reasons to Hire A Web Development Agency Over A Freelancer
- Hire A PHP Developer- How Outsourcing Can Be A Key To Success
- Importance Of Strategic Digital Marketing For Business Growth
- Factors To Keep In Mind Before Hiring Dedicated Magento Developer
- Web Development India – For Prompt And Accurate Services
- Looking For An Offshore PHP Development Company, Where Do I Begin?
- 5 SEO Myths
- How To Choose A Company When Hiring Dedicated PHP Developers
- Why You Should Optimize For Local Search
- Hiring Offshore WordPress Developers Can Help Your Business
- How To Use Social Networking To Market Your Business
- Why Offshore Web Development To India Makes Business Sense
- 5 Factors To Consider When Hiring A Web Development Company
- Top Five Benefits Of Salesforce
- Benefits Of Hiring A Dedicated PHP Developer From India
- Using SEO & Social Media Together
- How Can An SEO Company Help Your Profile Online
- Strategic Importance Of Mobile SEO
- Choose The Social Media Network That Suits Your Business
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013